Thursday, May 21, 2009

Property Rights

In my opinion, property rights are just plain confusing. Things get too muddy because there are so many different standards. If it was me in Pacific Heights, I would’ve first off called a locksmith to remove the lock that he put on the door. As far as I know the landlord has the right to inspect the apartment, and a move-in date was never agreed upon, there was never any money exchanged which could probably hold up in court as an acceptance of an offer. But wouldn’t have to be some type of acceptance for him to be able to legally move in and call it his own. The fact that a tenant can say that a person is irresponsible and might be able to ultimately acquire the property can be a good and a bad thing, one is that there are people that do things that just simply shouldn’t. An irresponsible person is obviously the wrong pick to rent a property out to the public, but most of the time you can get a good feel for a person by first impressions. So, I don’t know why you would want to even consider renting from a person you think is irresponsible. The second is the chance that a person might in fact sabotage you like what was done in the movie.

I’ve never owned real property in my life and I hope to one day. But will I make investments on houses by buying them and then renting them out to the public; I’m not quite sure about that.

In life we don’t know what will come tomorrow, next week or years from now. All we can do is live life the best we can and hope the outcome is positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment