Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Research

My research on the Supreme Court cases is going alright, I just barely found a case that I liked and I found interesting so I’m getting to work on finding out the intricacies of the case. I wanted to do my case on something that mattered to me and I had a background in so I searched for cases involving Native American tribes. I’m planning on researching the case more and more each week and taking down notes so I can give a good layout of exactly what had happened. I’m expecting that I will have a great deal to say about this case once I’m done with my research because even though I’m not Navajo I’m still Native American and I think our governmental issues are overlooked and pushed to the side a lot of the time. My grandfather is on the council of Indian Affairs of the Smithsonian so I want to see if I can get his take on the case and what he might’ve done differently, I think he would be a good resource because then I can get a Native American that works with the government point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment