Thursday, May 14, 2009

Greed Is Good: Week 6

Everyone loves getting a bonus. Who would turn down a bonus regardless of how much it is? As a former accountant for a Real Estate Owned company, I know that getting a bonus here and there after you’ve worked hard for the past two weeks is a great feeling, also a great incentive.
Every Thursday I walk out of The Art Institute feeling like I stand correct, this gives me a great feeling but at the same time a horrible one. To hear about the things that are going on in our country makes me wonder why our government isn’t doing anything about this. America was built on the idea that government should have nothing to do with how people operate their businesses but by letting things like this carry on we aren’t doing anything but hurting our citizens and have ultimately created one of the biggest upsets to the American people since the Great Depression.

Naïve minds are being taken advantage of like we just saw in the movie,” Wall street.” We the American people, the foundation of the country are unbeknownst to us being taken advantage of with systems in place like REIT’s, whether the intention of the creation of them was good or bad is obviously not the point. The fact that he just over a year ago got a bonus is astonishing and unfortunately not unheard of. These people should be taxed at a higher amount then everyone else; the money used for the CEO’s so called “bonus” could be used by the government or even put into jobs that are suffering. This money should be being fed into the American economy not being made as a cushion for already wealthy men and women.

As I stated before I feel like I’m repeating myself when I say that the systems in place in America are corrupted, we should be educating the American people about the things that are affecting us.

No comments:

Post a Comment