Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What I Think Of Lawyers

What I Think Of Lawyers

Like in every profession, I think there are a variety of people. Some would be considered good and others bad, we would all like to think that everyone wants to do their job to their best ability and keeps good ethics in mind. But, especially with lawyers I think this isn’t always the case, I feel that most of the time lawyers are trying to get a pay check just like everyone else. They’ll do anything to win their case because of course that’s their job and at the end of the day that’s how they’re going to get paid.

I can’t imagine how hard it would be to have to choose between getting a big amount of money from taking a case that has potential to win and standing by your morals and possibly suffering in the public eye. But, there are always the very successful law firms that have enough money to pick and choose from which case they’re going to take and if they decide that taking the case isn’t morally right then it wouldn’t hurt their bank account.

But, ultimately what it comes down to is that everyone has a passion, and those of us who are lucky enough to make that passion our career have a job to do. Sometimes we to get to where we want to be we have to rethink our stance on situations put objectiveness to the side and get the work done by whatever means necessary. Like I said in the beginning, we’d like to think everyone sticks to what is right and what is wrong but I live in the real world, my thoughts of attorneys aren’t going to change anything in the end. After all, they are the ones who have to go to sleep with themselves comfortably at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment